The National Rehabilitation Information Center is a library and information center focusing on disability and rehabilitation research. Our collection spans more than 50 years of research, including more than 16,000 original research publications. In addition to active collection development, NARIC provides information and referral for a wide range of disability and rehabilitation issues.
About Collection Spotlight
As NARIC moves to digitize portions of our Original Research collection, along with collecting documents that are “born digital”, we will highlight documents that showcase the depth and breadth of the collection, especially the wealth of NIDILRR research published in the last 30 years. Collection Spotlight will appear in a tagged weblog (blog) format, suitable for RSS feeds and easily promotable to the larger web. Each entry will include:
- Bibliographic data
- Funding source
- Download or order information
- A one-sentence headline
- A two to three paragraph write-up including an abstract and why it was selected for the spotlight
- Linked searches to REHABDATA by author name, project number, and Thesaurus terms
Selection criteria may include (these criteria are open for revision):
- Relevance to current or previous long-range plans
- Relevance to current events or news coverage of conditions or treatments.
- Funding source, with priority given to NIDILRR-funded work
- Copyright status, with priority given to public-domain work
- Historical significance
- Legislative significance
- Rarity or fragility
In addition to reports and other documents, we will occasionally feature fellow grantees whose work impacts the lives of people with disabilities. We will also highlight organizations, internet resources, and events and observances which may be of interest to our readers.
Items are selected for the NARIC Spotlight solely at the discretion of the staff of the National Rehabilitation Information Center. Items may be submitted for inclusion in the collection or the NARIC databases by visiting our Information Request Form. Posting or mentioning does not imply endorsement.
NARIC is a project of the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, operated by HeiTech Services, Inc. under contract number ED-OSE-10-0074.