May is Arthritis Awareness Month. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), arthritis affects one in five adults and 1 in every 250 children the United States. The CDC, Arthritis Foundation, and other organizations are partnering to observe arthritis awareness with this year’s theme, #SeeArthritis. The goal is to increase awareness about arthritis – as it is often perceived as a disease that affects older adults, and for the most part is an invisible disability.
The National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) has funded numerous projects related to arthritis over the years, and our collection includes more than 170 citations from these and other NIDILRR-funded projects. REHABDATA contains abstracts of over 1,000 documents related to arthritis from the NIDILRR community and elsewhere. Here are a few specialized searches:
- Arthritis & Disability (346 citations).
- Arthritis & Children (146 citations).
- Arthritis & Chronic Pain (130 citations).
- Arthritis & Pain Management (53 Citations).
- Arthritis Treatment (506 Citations).
- Complementary/Alternative & Arthritis (7 Citations).
- Coping with Arthritis (71 citations).
- Exercise & Arthritis (294 Citations).
Learn more about arthritis at https://naricspotlight.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/what-is-arthritis.