Please note: The Determined to Succeed Webinar has exceeded its total registrations. Registrations are now closed. The webinar will be recorded and posted to http://www.thenytc.org
On Tuesday, December 2, 2014, from 2:00pm to 4:00pm ET, the Youth Transitions Collaborative in partnership with the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), will host a free technical assistance webinar entitled, Determined to Succeed: Preparing for Postsecondary Education and Employment.
At this webinar, OSERS-funded Technical Assistance Centers, and Rehabilitation Research and Training Centers will share guidance, tools, and resources on the importance of self-advocacy and transition planning.
Registration is free but required. Visit https://hschealthcaresystem.webex.com/hschealthcaresystem/j.php?J=733200312 and click the “Register” link.
The webinar will be captioned, recorded and archived. Presentation materials will be made available for download the day of the webinar. If additional accommodations are needed, please contact Ryan Easterly at email@example.com.
The agenda includes remarks and presentations by:
- Michael Yudin, Acting Assistant Secretary for OSERS
- Jessie MacKinnon, COO National Youth Transitions Center
- Maryann Davis, PhD, Project Director, and Jennifer Whitney of the NIDRR-funded Center on Learning and Working During the Transition to Adulthood (Transitions RTC)
- Debra Jennings, Director Center for Parent Information Resources @Statewide Parent Advocacy Network
- Laura Owens, PhD,Executive Director, and Kelli Crane, PhD, TransCen, Inc., from the NIDRR-funded Center on Transition to Employment for Youth with Disabilities.
- David Test, PhD, Director, National Technical Assistance Center on Improving Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students with Disabilities
- Sue Swenson, Deputy Assistant Secretary, OSERS
Download the DeterminedtoSucced+Agenda (DOC).