Making the VR Connection!
Thursday, May 15, 2014, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
The Youth Transitions Collaborative, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), will host an educational seminar, Making the VR Connection. This seminar is designed to inform youth with disabilities, their family members, practitioners, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) counselors, educators, public and private sector agencies, and other stakeholders about the importance of collaboration to ensure a smooth transition process for students with disabilities as they exit school and prepare for post-school activities. Please join us to learn more about interagency collaborative models, the VR process, transition practices, requirements, and more.
Featured Speakers include:
- Jessie MacKinnon, Chief Operating Officer, National Youth Transitions Center
- Sue Swenson, Deputy Assistant Secretary, OSERS
- Janet LaBreck, Commissioner, Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Melody Musgrove, Director, Office of Special Education Programs
- Carol Dobak, VR Unit Chief, Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Rogerio M. Pinto, Associate Professor, Columbia University
- Andrea Guest, Director, Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Alyssa Cowin, Delaware Division of Health and Social Services, Former Student
- Ed Tos, Deputy Director, Delaware Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Dale Matuesevich, Education Associate Transition, Delaware State Educational Agency.
To view this webinar, visit https://hschealthcaresystem.webex.com/hschealthcaresystem/j.php?MTID=m1e9710e284881621dd961bfbde319d60 at the start of the session (1p ET on 5/15) .
The webinar will be captioned, recorded and archived.
Please note: NARIC is not involved in any way with this webcast. We have posted this information as a courtesy to our readers. To find out when the archive will be posted, you will need to contact the conference organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the National Youth Transitions Collaborative on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thenytc.