On Thursday, Sept 26th, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the US Dept of Labor will hold a public symposium commemorating the 40th anniversary of the passage of the Rehabilitation Act. The event will be held from 12 to 5 at EEOC Headquarters at 131 M St NE in Washington DC.
Guest speakers include
- Senator Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)
- EEOC Chair Jacqueline Berrien
- EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum
Debra Carr, Director of the Division of Policy, Planning and Program Development for the Office of the Federal Contract Compliance Programs, U.S. Dept. of Labor
Judith Heumann, Special Advisor, International Disability Rights, U.S. Dept. of State
- Claudia Gordon, Public Engagement Advisor on Disability, Office of Public Engagement, The White House
Jeff Rosen, Chairperson, National Council on Disability
- John Wodatch, retired Chief, Disability Rights Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Dept. of Justice
Robert Silverstein, Attorney, Powers, Pyles, Sutter & Verville PC
- Ruby Moore, Executive Director, The Georgia Advocacy Office
The event is open to the public. Seating is limited so you must RSVP to email@example.com with Rehab Act Event RSVP in the subject line.
Organizations are also invited to exhibit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space.