The Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) is supporting the designation of November 16th as National Information and Referral Services Day. To help celebrate, we will share bilingual information and resources for people with disabilities that we use on a regular basis.
Information and Referral Services
- Alianza Latina Aplicando Soluciones (ALAS), Inc. – Latino Alliance Applying Solutions provides information and referral services along with training, advocacy, translation and interpretation, and training.
- NARIC’s Ready Reference – A listing of resources available from the National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC). The listing has been divided into sections to make it more readily available. You can read more about our Ready Reference through this blog post.
Medical Technology and Assistive Technology
- MedGadget in Spanish – Medgadget en Español provides information via articles on medical and assistive technology. One can search their archives by topic – ranging from anesthesiology to Diagnostics to Military Medicine and Public Health.
Government Agencies and Websites
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – The Spanish-language CDC website provides information on different health and disability topics. They share the information via articles, podcasts and public service announcements.
- Gobierno.gov – This site provides information from the US government that include benefits and financial aid, preparing for a disaster and emergencies, education, health, and useful government tools to simplify your life.
- The Office of Minority Health – The Office of Minority Health (OMH) provides information and referrals on minority health. They also provide publications including those dealing with funds and grants, health, and nutrition.
If you need more information, resources or referrals, please feel free to contact us through our chat or by calling us at 1-800/346-2742.