The Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Disability Statistics and Demographics has published its Annual Disability Statistics Compendium for 2010. The 152 page book includes statistics for:
- Population and prevalence
- Time trend population stats
- Health insurance coverage
- Social Security Administration programs
- Medicaid and Medicare
- Special education
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Federal Government spending and employment
- and International disability statistics
The report offers tables aplenty (80 or so)! It has plenty of facts and figures to keep you busy such as:
- In 2009, 12 percent of the US population reported living with a disability.
- The number of people in the US living with a disability increased by .22 percent between 2008 and 2009.
- Only 35.3 percent of working age individuals with disabilities were employed in 2009.
- The poverty rate among working age adults with disabilities was 26.4 percent in 2009.
- 11.16 percent of school aged children (6-17) received special education services.
Many, many more interesting statistics are include. The Compendium is available free to download at http://www.disabilitycompendium.org